Friday 15 February 2013

Stella, Stella, Stella


I've always loved and admired Stella McCartney's signature style of sharp tailoring and the fact that her collection always manages to ooze femininity whilst sticking to fairly simplistic designs. There's no denying the fact that there is always something about Stella's collection that makes you stop and stare. I myself have always lusted over Stella's collection of ready-to-wear coats and jackets- I will, in time, have a Stella McCartney blazer hanging in my wardrobe. Mark my words.


In being a avid handbag lover- always have, always will- when in large department stores I always gravitate towards my favourites- Balenciaga, Phillip Lim, Céline and of course every girls lust of all lusts, Chanel- to just name a few.Yet I have never really taken notice of Stella McCartney's collection of accessories. Shame on me. When out shopping today I came across Stella's 'Falabella Shaggy Deer Fold Over Tote' from her latest S/S'13 line and what do ya know, I love. And couldn't help but take a few snaps. Whilst in keeping with Stella's signature style of simplicity the silver chain hardware gives the bag a slight edge which most definitely catches your eye at first glance. Of course with Stella McCartney always using faux leather for her collections, this bag is no exception. The faux leather used for the bag is incredibly soft, and if you're anything like me you will spend a good 30 seconds just stroking it.  The bag is fully lined with the Stella logo print and the small stylish and chic Stella logo tag is evident by the handles. Whilst all these attributes are what makes the bag fabulous, there's one more thing. The tote can be worn in two ways, either folded over as a shoulder bag or as a handheld tote, the choice is yours. Now what more could you ask for? Two bags for the price of one. The practicality of the bag is another thing to love. The silver hardware and adaption into shoulder bag is perfect for the evenings, whilst the handheld tote and colour makes it perfect for everyday. The tote comes in several colours for S/S; Ruthenium (as shown), Cinnamon, Mango/Tangerine, Salmon and Black- so whatever your style preference, I'm sure you'll find one you love.

















Anyone else just a little bit excited to see what Stella pulls out the bag for A/W'13 during Paris Fashion Week in a few weeks? Thought so. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment