Tuesday 12 February 2013

#NYFW Favourites- All Hail, Victoria


And so the Fashion Week's have begun. Starting in New York, of course. The unveiling of A/W collections are always my favourite, because let's face it, even in the Summer I can't seem to bring myself to pack away the oversized coats, jeans and leather and of course everyone's Winter go to, the ankle boot. Truth is, even in blistering heat (I cannot emphasize how lightly I say blistering, as this is of course England with it's bipolar weather), I will still be seen in my Autumn/Winter faves. With the possibility of a neon accessory, just because. I've always loved and tried to style my outfits on the "I've spent ages on this outfit but want it to look like I've just thrown it on" kind of look. So in other words, think effortless, Alexa Chung-esque style. The hair and makeup stylists behind Victoria Beckham's A/W presentation had the look to a tee. With the unkept hair look (which, lets face it girls, we all wished we looked like when out on London streets) and minimal makeup, this collection screamed British and style.
As everyone in the world of fashion expected, Victoria Beckham hasn't disappointed. I love the fact that the collection was inspired by VB's recent move back to London. With each piece being strongly influenced by British fashion- British fabrics such as tweed, plaid and herringbone played a big part in this collection. And whilst knitwear made an appearance for the first time, and the rounded shoulders of the oversized coats are not something Victoria Beckham is known for- VB stays true to her contour perfect dresses and immaculately tailored pencil skirts with this collection. The ready-to-wear collection, really epitomises just that- I envision every piece being worn by Victoria herself and would like to hope that over night I grow a couple of foot in height, shed my much.carried over Christmas weight and wake up to a nice, big ol' cheque so I can buy every item and look half as good as the models on the catwalk (a girl can dream. A big, BIG dream at that). Its safe to say, my nights will be spent dreaming of owning even one of these fabulous pieces.

Other favourites (so far), from New York Fashion Week include  DKNY, Carolina Herrera, Tommy Hilfiger and the always cool, Marc Jacobs. 

DKNY
Tommy Hilfiger


No comments:

Post a Comment