Monday 18 February 2013

Mulberry, with a touch of Alexa




Mulberry has carried on the 'skirts over trousers' trend that we've previously seen this season. I personally, find this bizarre, well, at least I did until I saw the looks showcased on the gorgeous models on the Mulberry catwalk, now I must say, it is beginning to grow on me. Don't judge me. The Mulberry A/W'13 presentation showed skater skirts over wide-leg trousers, and whilst you envision this being slightly 90's dress up, they were immaculately styled and made people think, " maybe this could work". As always, Mulberry delivered on outerwear, with sheep skin collars and striking sleeves. As fabulously expected, the brand stayed true to it's British heritage- with brown and green tweed plaid along with a selection of oxblood red leathers, forest green and maroon channeling autumn florals. Styling too, was to a tee. All of the models were styled with their hair tucked into the garments which definitely radiated 'effortless chic' and epitomized 'ready-to-wear'. I will attempt this look with my next outfit, whether I look half as good as they do on the catwalk is a different story, but I will give it a go anyhow. Anything with short sleeves were worn with gloves all the way up the arm getting lost in the garments, which added an extra little something to each look. Now, can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Mulberry had poodles on the catwalk donning their own miniature attire to match their walker/model. Ok, done.  Model of the moment and one of my biggest girl crushes, ever- Cara Delevingne, closed the show and looked bloody gorgeous doing so. Just. Look. At. That. Face.


















One of my ultimate style icons Alexa Chung graced the FROW of the show with her Alexa in tow- of course, and sat next to the gorgeous Lana del Rey sporting her Lana. Don't you just want to be them? Sigh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment