Thursday 21 February 2013

Paul Smith and Burberry A/W'13 Perfection

Sadly, London Fashion Week has been and gone (everybody together...sighhh). After browsing the collections online straight after they hit the catwalk yet another season went by where I was OB-SESSED with both Paul Smith and Burberry A/W'13.

 PAUL SMITH

Paul Smith is always one of my favourite collections to watch, for the simple reason that season after 
season, I want every outfit that hits the catwalk. There is always something so effortless about the collections that I absolutely love, the collection always portrays that boy-meets-girl style that I adore. For Paul Smith's A/W'13 collection, tailored trousers were paired with oversized tweed coats and strapless bodycon dresses with mannish blazers. Whilst Paul Smith's previous A/W collections stuck to traditional fabric such as tweed and autumnal colours, this season saw the designer branch out into luxurious fabrics and vibrant colours. All hail the change! Because I for one, love this collection.

 BURBERRY



Burberry. The images speak for themselves. In my opinion, to which I'm sure I'm not alone, this truly is Christopher Bailey's best collection yet. Christoper Bailey has been able to successfully reinvent the classic trench for which Burberry is best known, with animal prints (not tacky, but just perfectly done), metal colours and belts along with metallic, glossy textures and heart prints. It's perfection. Whilst the collection branched out into using different textures and prints, Christopher Bailey stayed true to the Burberry brand. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment