Sunday 17 February 2013

London Fashion Week- Day 2



This (much longer than usual) post is dedicated to my favourite time of year, no not my birthday, better- London Fashion Week. I'm an avid follower of all the fashion week's and love seeing what our favourite designers' creative minds conjure up season after season. But there is something about London Fashion Week that to me, stands out amongst the rest. Anyone else think so? Whether it's because London is simply home, or because London fashionista's aren't afraid to take risks, there is just that little something about London that screams style. Whilst everyone's perception of style is different, some prefer the classic look, whilst others adopt the edgier image, London's fashion elite are not afraid to showcase their individual style, and for that London- I salute you.
I assisted during LFW last season and was fortunate enough to do so again this season (eeeee!). And there are few things I look forward to more. Every season I get that little bit more excited, yet am still never outfit prepared. I more or less wear black every day, yet when I have to wear black, I have nothing to wear, obviously. Outfit stressing aside, my shift begun early on Saturday morning on the cold cobbles of Somerset House, but with Daks, Jasper Conran and John Rocha all having their A/W'13 presentations in the show-space that morning, it wasn't long until London's finest came in their hundreds to get a piece of the LFW action.



































When on my break, I decided to pop out of the Strand entrance of Somerset House and after moaning to myself  for a good five minutes about yet another cracked screen on my iPhone, I realised I was standing next to the ever chic, Mark Francis from Made in Chelsea. I love the show, and for those of you that do too, you'd understand I why I may have been a tad apprehensive to ask for a photo (yes, I was afraid of getting a 'No, Sorry'), but you'll be happy to know when asked for a photo, I received a "Of course, darling" insert posh Mark Francis accent here. I also managed to take another snap of the man himself and his bff Victoria- Who, FYI, was also very friendly and happily posed for photos. When I asked Victoria for a photo of the three (the lady in gold is Victoria's sister- and yes that beautiful Chanel belongs to her, cow) she said, "Of course! Would you rather us sit down or stand?"- and of course they opted to stand as Mark Francis mumbled under his breath that he wanted his full outfit in frame, which, just incase you're wondering is "Valentino, darling. Head to toe". With Victoria donning the same fabulous designer herself- BFF's at it's finest. How fabulous.












After my shift had finished, with blisters in tow from my new boots, (don't get me started), I decided to linger around Somerset House to take in all the fashion and the general buzz from Fashion Week. I then, somehow managed to buck up the courage to approach people and take photos of their style. I can not even begin to stress to you how nervous I was when approaching the first fabulous lady, just to give you a rough idea, it went a little like, "Hi, um, would you mind...". But, once I snapped one, I was ready to stop everyone and ask for a photo- a big YAY to my usually extremely nervous self.

Monochrome, neon and cobalt blue were just a few of the S/S'13 trends to make an appearance on the second day of LFW. Whether the outfits were extremely well put together and screamed "I had this chosen a month ago", or one of my faves "Ah, I've just put this together" kind'a look, the ladies of LFW sure knew their stuff. There were also the ladies who weren't particularly sporting a hot trend of this season, but still oozed effortless style. 















































The second day of LFW was packed with the most stylish residents of London and the UK and have given me tones of inspiration for my new SS13 wardrobe, along with different ways to style individual pieces, so thank you, you fabulous ladies you.

I am assisting at London Fashion Week again tomorrow, so keep an eye out for another blog post including some exciting stuff from inside the LFW showrooms! Now, after jibba-jabbering for far too long, I have to go and pick out shoes that will not rip my feet to shreds tomorrow. xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. You met made in chelsea people!

    Wish I was at LFW :( Have fun!

    Be great if you could check out my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    And also my latest outfit post here

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They were so friendly too! Thank you so much! Yes of course I will- will do it this evening as soon as I am at a computer! Would be great if you could follow my blog- I'll return the favour!!

    Thanks!

    Naomi xxx

    ReplyDelete